I never envisaged sharing pictures of cleaning products rather than people enjoying their time on the river! As a small business working tourism and the outdoors, we have watched the start of the summer season, with its fabulous sunshine and snow-melt water-levels, slip through our fingers. But all is not lost - we’ve finally managed to get the grass to start growing at the base now no-one’s there to drive on it, and it’s given us time to get to grips with what we need in order to protect our staff and guests from exposure to Covid-19! Here’s the plan so far:
- A Flexible Booking Policy: We will asking guests to pay a deposit equal to 2 places on their trip payable 7 days prior to the trip date. You will have the option to amend your booking - or be refunded - up to 72hours prior to the activity*.
- Want to hold a date? Not sure if you’re going to make it on holiday yet, but keeping your fingers crossed? Why not just hold the date? Then you’re sure you’ll have something in the diary for when you arrive. All we need is the number of you in your party, your name, email and telephone number, and we can pop you in the diary!
- An enhanced Safe Operating Environment: New measures accounting for social distancing have been incorporated into each step of the process from when you arrive until you leave on the day of your activity. This includes a flow of people around the base, hand-sanitiser available at several points, and masks for those who haven’t brought their own.
- EcoWorks Marine Cleaner is the disinfectant we’ve selected. This brand is not only effective against Coronaviruses (including Covid 19), but also 100% ecological - see more details on their website. We’ll be disinfecting all wetsuits, boats, paddles, helmets, vans - anything you come into contact with. Additionally, wetsuits will be rested for 24hrs in-between each use.
- Maximum group sizes: 6 people in rafting boats, and these people will have to be confinement buddies. We are able to combine groups from different confinement groups for hyrdospeeding, canorafting and canyoning, as you’re more spread out during these activities.
- After care: When you book, we’ll be asking for the names, emails and mobile numbers of each guest (not just the booker) so we can keep a record of who visited and when. This way if we have any incidences of infection at the base, we’ll be able to contact and notify you.
- A link to our "Safe Operating Procedures” will be included in your confirmation of booking, so you can double check it if you would like to. It will be revised and updated as and when new information is disseminated.
- Activities which live up to the quality your used to: You can expect the same exhilarating, challenging, fun and safe activities as always, now with masks and social distancing as per the ‘new normal’!
We very much hope to see you over the summer and would be incredibly grateful for your support.
*Without any amendment on your part, we do charge the full amount for the booking on the day.